What could I talk about?
What sort of topics do you look for?
We are interested in topics for all areas of the Care Home and Home Care Sectors.
Preference will be given to seminar sessions that offer the latest hot topics that are educational, informative and inspirational. Sessions must not promote a product or service. Attendees for the seminars will receive a CPD certificate.
For workshops we are looking for interactive, educational and fun sessions that are practical and hands-on. Sessions must provide visitors with new ideas that they can take back and implement in their own working environments.
Submissions covering core CPD topics aimed and Care Homes and Home Care will be viewed favourably, these include but are not limited to;
- Recruitment & Training
- Person Centred Care
- Risk Management
- Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Quality & Leadership
Submissions which appear to offer little more to delegates than a product demonstration will not be selected.
Live event talks and Virtual event sessions are 30 minutes. Live workshops are 20 minutes.
Is it ok to submit my session from a company/organisation or do you prefer those made by individuals?
We welcome both! There is plenty of specialist guidance and advice to be gained from companies, charities and institutions, as well as from individuals practising in the sector. It is important that the session quality is high and truly useful to our delegates and not purely a sales pitch for a service or product.
Who should my proposal be aimed at?
All sessions should be relevant for the Care Home and Home Care. Attendees include;
- Care home owners and managers
- Home care providers
- Social services executives
- Healthcare professionals
- Care providers
Please ensure that your session caters to one or more of the above attendees. The more people that your session is relevant to, the more likely it will be selected.
What are your main aims when selecting sessions?
Our main priorities when considering submissions are:
- Do we have an even spread of sessions catering to all of our visitor types?
- Is there a broad representation of topics?
- Are we covering current topics, research and thinking and offering our visitors the chance to meet, listen to and debate with expert speakers from the sector?
- Are we varying the programme enough year-on-year? We try to mix up our speakers, topics and sessions as much as we can. It is important that there is enough new material on offer to encourage our visitors to return each year?
- Is the programme diverse and inclusive and representative of the sector?
Do you offer feedback on proposals?
Unfortunately, due to the sheer volume of submissions, we are unable to offer feedback on individual sessions.
How will I find out if my session has been accepted?
We will contact you directly if your proposed session has been successful. Please note, due to high numbers of proposals submitted we are only able to contact you if successful.
Care Roadshows & the Care Virtual Summit do not pay for any seminar or workshop speakers. In return for speaking we offer a broad range of promotion across all our online channels and we encourage speakers to send us blogs and news that we can promote.